Search the Register

You can check the registration status of a social worker or social care worker.

What does "registration status" mean?

How to search

You can search a social service worker's record using first name or surname or town of employment or their Scottish Social Service Council registration number.

You do not need to enter information in every section on the search form. Results will only be returned where the search terms used match what we hold on record. If you can't find who you are looking for, try searching just by registration number or just by first and last name.

The search facility does allow "wild card" searching for the first name eg Rob will give Robert.

Click here to begin your search

If you require further information, please contact the Registration Team at: or on 01382 207101.

Other regulators

There are a number of other regulators covering social service professionals outside Scotland and other health professionals. Please see below for links to their registers:

Social Care Wales

Northern Ireland Social Care Council

Health and Care Professions Council

Nursing and Midwifery Council

The General Teaching Council for Scotland

General Medical Council

General Dental Council